Tuesday, August 12, 2008

End of Summer...

Somehow, my summer is quickly ending.  It has been a great summer and I am ready to get back to school, but I feel like it has snuck up on me.  We have had a great summer!  The Crawford family came to Charlotte,we went on a 7 day Alaskan cruise with the Myer family, Colby came to Charlotte for a week long visit, we went to Gatlinburg with the Armstrong family, visited Birmingham of course, and celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary! I will post pictures in a different post.  

I am teaching at a new school this year: Elizabeth Lane Elementary.  I have heard many great things about this school and am looking forward to a great year.  I am also hoping to stay there for longer than just one year.  I will still be teaching first grade but in a mobile classroom.  It is very small but I know it will be fine!  I will post pictures of my classroom soon.  I went to lunch with my new 1st grade team today and really enjoyed meeting them.  They seem like wonderful ladies and I can't wait to get to know them!  School starts for me on Aug. 18, but the kids don't come until Aug. 25.  I know this seems late, but we didn't get out of school until June 10th! 

Daniel flew to Alabama this morning for work.  He is enjoying working for Sewall and continues to make a name for himself in the forestry world every day!  

Charlotte (the dog) and Missy (the cat) are doing great.  They get along pretty well most of the time, but Charlotte sometimes gets a little overexcited (surprise, surprise)!  

6 comments:

Grace said...

Hi,i'm glad to view your blog:)
I come from China~

Marksberry Family said...

Leslie,
I am so glad you have a blog and are posting pictures! Now I can keep p with you guys too!

Unknown said...

Well, I've already seen most of the pictures! But I'm glad that I have a way to keep up with the two of you!! I hope you come visit Auburn soon!! I miss the two of you!!

Christy said...

So glad ya'll are doing well! My blogpot is http://www.lifeofaturnip.blogspot.com

seems like everyone has one these days :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Leslie! Hope you have a great school year. Keep me posted.

Nonna said...

Am thrilled to see your blog even way out here in the wild west. Now I can know what is going on with you. Tell Colby I love the pic.

Love Aunt Mona