Sunday, August 2, 2009

1 month old already!

I have been terrible about updating the blog.  I have posted pictures to facebook, but its so slow to post them here too.   Hopefully I will be able to post more often in the future! 

I cannot believe that Caitlyn is already a month old.  She is really a good baby.  She doesn't fuss unless she is hungry or trying to go to the bathroom (she has a little problem with that...) She is a great eater.  At her 2 week appointment with the pediatrician she weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz.  I'd be willing to bet she is 10 lbs. or more now.  We don't go back to the doctor until September.  The doctor was very impressed with her strength at two weeks.  He said she would probably roll over early, but it hasn't happened yet.  She still does a lot of sleeping, but has longer active periods now.  She will loves to look at her mobiles and ceiling fans!  She is just getting the hang of her sweet smile.  We still don't get it very often, but hopefully this will change in the next week or so.  She LOVES tummy time and would probably spend all her awake time on her tummy if I would let her.  She still isn't too sure about bath time.  When we put her in the bath she cries for a few seconds and then seems to think, "well, maybe this isn't so bad!"  Then when it's time to get out, she cries again.  I think it must be the cold feeling.  We have been out and about a ton!  I know everyone thinks I am crazy, and some days I think I'm crazy, but she has enjoyed visiting friends and seeing different places.  We have been to Grandmama's, Nana and Pop's, Meme and Papa Jack's (yes, he finally decided on a name!), out to eat a bunch, to Jasper for a family reunion, to a rehearsal dinner and wedding for cousin Justin, and even all the way to Charlotte, NC!  

Charlotte (the dog) has adjusted pretty well to her new baby sister.  At first she didn't really seem to care at all.  Then she got a little curious wanting to sniff her.  Lately, she will lick her hands and try to lick her face, but she mostly ignores her.  She does stay pretty calm around Caitlyn, but still gets a little overexcited when visitors come (which is every day for the past month! Yes, we've had at least one visitor every single day!)

Daniel went back to work the Monday after she was born, but Grandmama (my mom) stayed with us for about 10 days! It was a blessing to have her here! Daniel is the best daddy! He is a natural! She looks just like him too! I love to see them interacting and can't wait to see their relationship grow!  Just this morning at church he was telling her "NO boyfriends!" (There's a precious 5 month old in our Sunday school class and I was calling him her boyfriend! Watch out, Daddy!) He really is a great daddy and it makes me fall in love with him all over again.

As for me, I LOVE being a mommy! It is amazing to finally know this wonderful little person who was growing inside of me for 9 months.  I love her more everyday! I have recovered very well.  My labor really was fairly easy (I won't go into details here, but if you want them just ask.)  

We can't wait to continue to watch her grow and pray that we teach her all that we can.  My Granny gave me the best advice yesterday.  She told me to make sure we teach her how to love everyone!  I truly pray that we can do this because that is what life is about, and I hope most of all that she learns to love God, like Daniel and I do. 

Alright, enough talking, time for the pictures!  I'm just going to pick a few of my favorites from the last month.  I'm going to post them in future posts!


1 comment:

Marksberry Family said...

Glad to hear things are still going good! Great to see you guys the other week! Can't wait to see pictures!